HomeValue US Org - HOMEVALUE.US.ORG, PROPERTYVALUELOOKUP.COM, FINDHOMESVALUE.COM FRAUD

San Mateo, California 4 comments

This company operates many websites such as propertyvaluelookup.com, findhomesvalue.com, home value.us.org etc. and by the time you read this, they will have switched to new domain names. This is a FRAUDULENT company and their modus operandi is as follows:

1. They advertise on Google AdWords (I don't know how a company like Google allows such fraudsters to advertise on their network) and when you type in keywords like "property value" or "home value" these websites offer a detailed property report for just $1. If you are considering making an offer on a home, you can easily be tempted into buying a detailed property report for just $1. However, this is just a tactic to bait and switch you.

2. As soon as you put in your credit card information, there is a step where they ask you to "accept" or "decline" their terms but very deceitfully they have a "$180 for 24 reports for 1 year access" built into that page. When you read their terms and conditions to see if there is any reference to the $180, there is none. So you naturally assume the $180 up-sell is optional and you agree to their website terms and conditions and privacy policy.

3. Now, the fun begins. The report is a useless piece of junk - all publicly available information on Trulia, Zillow etc. It turns out that this deceitful, misleading way is legal and they have the right to charge you $14.95 for 12 months ($180 over 12 months) and they do just that - you just ended up paying $14.95 for a useless report they were going to charge you $1 for!!!

I call this fraud company and get the message 'all our operators are busy' and hear nothing but "hold" music for over 20 minutes. I look around their website again for the Terms and Conditions and they are not visible anywhere!! No 'billing history' is available either (to find out how much I was charged).

So I call up my credit card company on the other line - Capital One and they were awesome! Their rep put me through to their Fraud Department and the rep their immediately understood that I was just conned. He is the one who gave me the name and number of the "parent" company homevalue.us.org which operates this network of fraudulent *** sites. The Capital One rep reassured me and informed me that I could dispute the charge. He also offered to put me on hold while he dialed this fraud homevalue.us.org company on a 3 way conference. I naturally agreed to this and told him I was kept on hold for over 20 minutes.

So the HomeValue.us.org rep is now on a 3 way conference with me and the Capital One rep and I confront her and just tell her everything that happened and demand an explanation. She gives me a 'boxed' answer and some BS. I confront her about this network of fraud websites and she conforms that all of them are owned by this company and immediately offers to give me a full refund!

Stay away from HOMEVALUE.US.ORG, PROPERTYVALUELOOKUP.COM and FINDHOMESVALUE.COM!

The whois lookup for the domain propertyvaluelookup.com shows that it is owned by some Shwetha Bagla of Orange Cube.

Review about: Property Report.

Comments

KarmenJ

Hello Estocks,

Our sincerest apologies for your recent experience. We appreciate your feedback and would like to make things right, please contact Karmen via email at manager@homevalue.us.org so we can help you obtain a refund for charges you have incurred.

Best Regards,

Karmen J.

Lancaster, Minnesota, United States #1215367

Thank you. very much if I had not read this first ....

Phoenix, Arizona, United States #931406

I suspected (had a feeling) about this company.They took +3 minutes to download from their data base and then wanted me to pay $1.

Thought I'd do some research online and found this article.

Thanks for the tip.(I wish Google or some of these other sites would shut these frauds down!)

They are a questionable:

Hello Estocks,

Our sincerest apologies about your recent experience. We appreciate your feedback and would like to make things right, please contact Karmen via email at manager@homevalue.us.org so we can help you obtain a refund for charges you have incurred.

Best Regards,